Yesterday was the day for the second lab, and the purpose of the lab for our group was to finish the establishment of the micro-grid for the first case, Diavik Mine in Canada.
With the general information of this case, we started building up the micro-grid for this region. As there is a big mine, fossil fuel was the main resource for producing electricity. While burning fossil fuels damages the environment, and the wind speed there is suitable for developing a electricity station of wind. Our group focused on designing the micro-grid under this case and optimizing the system.
On this day, I allocated different jobs for each member. Lu Huimin was asked to look for data of the wind turbines Enercon and GE 1.5sl, and she searched for information of the situation of using electricity in Diavik. Mao Mengkai was searching for information of the wind turbines GEV-MP-C and GEV-MP-R, and the information for several storage batteries. Shan Xin used Matlab to create random numbers to represent the energy consumed at the load for each month, with high consumption in January, Feburary and December.
I built up the microgrid and determined the parameters for each component by using the data derived from my teammates, and finished the simulation for the first case, and here are the results:
However, it is only the simplest model for this system, and we will optimize it by refining the data and delete unnecessary statistics to make it more realistic, and this is what we will do next week, and the establishments of the other two micro-grids must be finished until the end of the next week.